5.17.2009

Long awaited weekend...






As you can see from the left: Jon bustin out the "gills", Rivers modeling "The Trout", and Andy... doin' something equally awesome in front of Himalayan. Monica, Stacy, Kale and I stood back to take pictures.




So I think that we are finally done with our frequent guests...



We had the pleasure of having Rivers and Monica Pentico come and stay with us for a few days this weekend. We even had the chance of hitting up our favorite Indian restaurant, Himalayan with Andy and Stacy as well... Needless to say, they were amazing guests and were a little sad to see that their visit was short. But of course before Rivers and Monica left, Jon and Andrew had to serenade us with some gorgeous guitar playing! I'm going to miss Drew's mad guitar playing skillz!

Jon and Andrew sounds so pretty together! I could happily sleep every night listening to this!!

This weekend Meredith was under the miscommunication that she was going to give a talk today in church on "Work." Luckily we were given a program in decent time to realize that in fact it was going to be the next weekend and save Meredith from the embarrassment of sitting on the stand for nothing. She is now super prepared for next week!

*As you can see from the picture, I was multitasking by making sure my pores while researching for my talk!!



We haven't done much this weekend but it was nice to be semi lazy and sleep in!! Who doesn't like a good 13 hour rest??!!

Oh by the way... Saturday night, Jon and I decided that we were going to go on a date. My friend Keisha from work provided me with two $30 tickets to go to a venue in the city to eat some fancy food and listen to some awesome jazz.... needless to say it didn't quite turn out to be that way. Poor Jon endured it well. It was crappy smooth jazz (live elevator music), we were pretty much minorities in the room, the MC was horrible and tasteless, and the food was mediocre. We pulled the whole "Jon's foot is killing him so we're sorry to bail" excuse and left asap! It was a good excuse to spend time together and drive around the city! Too bad we didn't get to hear real jazz though! Ever since I went to school in Manhattan and ran into Winton M., I have really started to appreciate just a great genre. Here's a video of what we endured:



Roxy caught me at a bad time with a hand full of junk mail and a bottle of Perrier... Not one of my moments that I'm proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment