6.29.2009

All In White

So Saturday we went as a family to the Washington D.C. temple as a family.

Jon woke me up around 7 something and for some reason it took me way longer than usually
to peel myself off my warm snuggly spot on the bed.

Luckily we made it out the door by 8 (which is a world record for Meredith) and all three of us trekked the almost 3 hour journey to D.C.

I completely forgot how beautiful and huge the temple was until we drove up the winding drive to the parking lot. It really did look beautiful. We were also in luck that the weather was absolutely perfect with little white fluffy clouds and a bright summer sun!

Drew headed downstairs to do baptisms and Jon and I did an Endowment session together.

I think that it is my (shamefully) my 4th time doing an Endowment Session in my life. The last time Jon and I went to the temple together was last year. I was so nervous that I would forget everything but luckily Jon was next to me for support and the temple worker was gracious enough to lend a hand. I got that spiritual high from it all. It is sad to realize that you know how much of a spiritual high you get and immediately start the excuses to prolong feeling the high again. How contradictory. Sort of makes me sick that I can feel and see how human I can be.

I hope I'm not the only one, but it always seems as though everytime I go to the temple, there's always something new I walk away with. I could pay the closest of attention but it still seems that each time something is clear to me. It is always the simplest and smallest of thoughts though.

As we neared the end of our session, Jon and I sat in the Celestial Room together. I loved how I all of a sudden felt the same feelings I felt the day we were sealed together. I felt so pretty and sparkling next to Jon. And he seemed so noble and appealing to me in every possible way. The ideal companion I have long sinced dreamt up of when I was younger was sitting next to me.
The type of person I could always keep as a best friend. Confide in. Love on. Laugh with. I fell in love all over again. I kept having flash backs of standing in front of mirrors with Jon and hoping that I could see the generations we would effect. I wish I could picture what the future would look like. It occured to me afterward that I could easily picture the future if I look at what I have in front of me. My companion. The feelings and love that is already there.

I always hold a hope in my heart that what I have, I never one day lose... I couldn't really bare losing another best friend again. I really cannot. I have already seen examples of families falling apart and the range of destruction it causes. I pray that there will never be a day that I am the cause of such heartache and disappointment.

I am glad that we journeyed to D.C. as a family and took the time to do service and take time to nourish our spiritual selves. I really believe that we needed it as a family and individually.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time!I wish I could go to the D.c. temple! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Merebelle! Keep going and enjoying the journey :)

    ReplyDelete