So I was looking through a Yoga Life mag that I picked up from the Whole Foods and read through it's
many articles... Amongst all the advertisements for classes, yoga blocks, and local food marts... I flipped
to one page that had a huge Gerbera Daisy with a saying in the middle..."Joy Is Within You." I stared at the picture for a few minutes... Thoughts processing... and I recognized one of the very empowering truths that: It is possible to feel/be happy/joyful regardless of how the world is treating you, or how horrible your childhood was, or the fact that all of your friends are more successful than you. You can even be happy when you're failing at something or when you're sick. I have had multiple situations this past year where I get overwhelmed with all of the negativity and get stuck in the mindset that it's not possible to feel happy when everything isn't going perfect.
As ironic as it sounds, I have always had this pet peeve of people being stuck in the "Victim Mode," as I have lovingly phrased it. I have little to no patience for those that hold others accountable for their actions and emotions. I know that I tend slip into that that thought process sometimes but hate it when others are permanently or happily stuck in that mindset. There's nothing worse than hearing someone blame everyone and everything for how unhappy and miserable they are. I honestly can't stand it after a while. I think that is why I have dropped a lot of friends that are like that. Sometimes I think some people at work and school have nothing to talk about if it's not a complaint or whine.
Anyways, but long story short, it's possible to be happy when things aren't perfect...
many articles... Amongst all the advertisements for classes, yoga blocks, and local food marts... I flipped
to one page that had a huge Gerbera Daisy with a saying in the middle..."Joy Is Within You." I stared at the picture for a few minutes... Thoughts processing... and I recognized one of the very empowering truths that: It is possible to feel/be happy/joyful regardless of how the world is treating you, or how horrible your childhood was, or the fact that all of your friends are more successful than you. You can even be happy when you're failing at something or when you're sick. I have had multiple situations this past year where I get overwhelmed with all of the negativity and get stuck in the mindset that it's not possible to feel happy when everything isn't going perfect.
As ironic as it sounds, I have always had this pet peeve of people being stuck in the "Victim Mode," as I have lovingly phrased it. I have little to no patience for those that hold others accountable for their actions and emotions. I know that I tend slip into that that thought process sometimes but hate it when others are permanently or happily stuck in that mindset. There's nothing worse than hearing someone blame everyone and everything for how unhappy and miserable they are. I honestly can't stand it after a while. I think that is why I have dropped a lot of friends that are like that. Sometimes I think some people at work and school have nothing to talk about if it's not a complaint or whine.
Anyways, but long story short, it's possible to be happy when things aren't perfect...


No comments:
Post a Comment