10.05.2010

October, October

In honor of October being home to one of my favorite holidays (and I don't mean Captain Kangaroo Day, October 3)...As the days get closer, my inner 5 year old self gets more excited! I'm pretty sure watching "Let Me In" sparked it all...
Anyways, Here are some of my favorite things that are Halloween-esque:

the Worst Witch- Totally watched this back in the day!

Found some adorable pumpkin latte/hot chocolate covers! Click here for a free printable!

Vincent Price-Makes me want to watch, “House on Haunted Hill” all over again!
Charlie Brown and the great pumpkin- Admit it, you loved it back in the day


Just an FYI--From now through October 31, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare and MySpace users can visit www.greatpumpkincountdown.com and register their accounts to participate in the “Countdown to the Great Pumpkin” game. Players will earn points by completing the “Daily To-Do”—a different PEANUTS-themed task each day. The player with the most points at the end of the game will win a specially customized Apple iPad that comes pre-loaded with a variety of classic PEANUTS comic strips, books, and videos—including, of course, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!)
Driving by creepy cemeteries... I live right near one... This picture seemed to have an unusual grouping of angels. Just sayin.

Sweet masks! -- Check out this sweet website with photos of awesomely decorated Darth Vader masks
Norm Bates... Who doesn't love a good Hitchcock movie on a chilly autumn evening?!
Tales from the Crypt--Been off the aire for a while but I will admit that the inner horror buff in me did enjoy it back in the day.
Jane Austen and Zombie... (my all time favorite author meets zombies) This is an interesting way of looking at this novel. Luckily Jane Austen knows how to write a good novel and even zombies couldn't spoil something this juicy. Plus, Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy are highly trained killers... Who knows what will be next... Maybe Withuring Sights featuring a goulish delight... sorry I couldn't help but rhyme on that one.
Pumpkins!
Monster Mash!
Here are some sweet Halloween kid movies from back in the day:
Under wraps
Halloween Town
Don’t look under the bed

Speaking of tv shows that cater to horror buffs... Check this trailer out:


The trailer to AMC's upcoming prime time zombie show, The Walking Dead. It premieres on Halloween night, so if you're afraid to look stupid because everyone tells you you're too old to go trick or treating (and you're totally not), or you don't feel like watching all the Halloween movies that will inevitably be on all night, you can feast your eyes on this. I’m excited since it’s directed by the same guy that did Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile- some great movies in my book.


The trailer for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, produced by Guillermo Del Toro, whom I personally believe is a movie genius (Note my favorite: Pan’s Labrynth and Jon’s: HellBoy). Jon and I watched this trailer when we went to see “Let Me In” on October 1st and I’m still pretty scared to turn my bedside lamp off!

1947 Project

No comments:

Post a Comment