1.04.2011

All Set and Ready to Accomplish... It's Goal Time!

I may be a little behind on this (considering I just inhaled about five Christmas cookies) but here are some of my goals for this year:

1. Pay more attention to the simple but beautiful things around me. Including each distinct season (even winter time), time spent with loved ones, warm cozy bed, nice big comforting meal, etc.

2. Cut the guilt. Sometimes it's hard speaking up when I have this perpetual tape player ready to pounce and tell me to keep it bottled up and suck it up. I have to say that sometimes it feels good to say something, do something for yourself, etc.

3.  Try not to make everything happen RIGHT NOW. Trust the process. Sometimes I want instant gratification but this year I want to work harder to slow down and let things fall into place.

4. Do more. Eat less. I have lost a good 22 lbs so far and am starting to feel proud of myself. Instead of setting a specific weight to lose, I just want to instead remind myself to be more on the move. I think it's more important to feel healthy than fit a certain size jeans!

5. Start and FINALLY finish Couch to 5k.

6. Watch less realilty TV.

7. Really putting more effort in education (spiritual, secular,etc). Knowledge really is power and even though I haven't really figured out "what I want to be when I grow up," I can still keep my brain active!

8. Go on more impromptu "dates."

9. Try and get back to where I was... same color as my foundation. Sad that I can't wear my makeup now since I keep getting more and more transparent these days!

10. Work on really letting go, since letting go is really freedom.

What (hopefully) attainable goals have you set for yourself in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment