3.15.2011

D is for... DIY, Dogstaches, and Dancing Shoes!

Picture 2-27

There is nothing I like more than the idea of doing something myself without paying for a product or service... Whenever I go shopping, I constantly catch myself muttering, "Hey I could totally do that" or "I have all of the ingredients to whip that up!" I like taking pride in accomplishing the "impossible." It's becoming ever more apparent that people would rather pay for something than do it themselves, but I couldn't really have a whole lot of pride in something that was a "quick fix."

Anywho, I thought I would share a list of some of my go-to DIY websites for your enjoyment. Have fun getting your hands dirty and hopefully some of these links inspired or helped you too!

100 Layer Cake- DIY projects for wedding type items.

Instructables- The encyclopedia of DIY projects.

Design Sponge- DIY projects for your inner interior designer.

eHow- “How to do just about everything.”

Pioneer Thinking- More of a family oriented DIY website for changing up your lifestyle and environment.

Real Simple- The website to help make life... you guessed it, real simple!

DIY Hairstyles

The Budget Fashionista- a Must must must site if you love to safe and be chic with the latest trends! I recommend highly.

Make your own cosmetics- Awesome site for salves, scrubs, green housekeeping items, and etc.

Organized Home

131 Uses for Vinegar- Oh yes there's a multitude of uses for this stuff! Time to load up on the vinegar my friends and do some spring cleaning!

Goodbye City Life

All Free Crafts

Here's a really helpful website that has free forms and worksheets for budgeting.

The Dollar Stretcher for a more frugal living.

DIY Happy!! This website does make me happy! :)

Ready Made- Not only do they have an amazingly addicting magazine but there's a website too!

Crafster.org- This community of nearly 700,000 indie types features more craft-oriented DIY projects.

Apartment Therapy- Saving one room at a time!


Well, now that the DIY list is out of the way, it's time for some sweet Dogstache action:

Here
http://thankgodisurf.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/dog-stache.jpg

and

Here



Last but not least... this picture totally makes me want to grab a partner and start dancing!

http://55secretstreet.typepad.com/photos/virtu/ddleotard1955nightclub.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment