
Today I was completely reminiscing on the friendships of my past as well as my present... It's amazing how friendships truly make trials more enjoyable and bearable. I may not have a huge friend list on Facebook with over 550 people but I do have a hand full of friends that I hold dear. I really reflected and decided that I want to be a better friend as well as try and make news ones as well. Maybe there is truth to the ol' saying that, "To find a better friend that lasts until the end, you need to be that better friend first." I have to say that there's a lot I need to work on such as listening and not complaining so much. I would like to be that person someone feels comfortable talking to or that person you call at random to go on an adventure with....
I also have to say that I can count a lot of my family members as friends. I know, I know... Kind of sounds sad. But, really I have grown to really find strong friendships. I never knew that I would grow to have beautiful friendships with not only my parents but my siblings and extended family. Sort of goes along the lines of a quote I received from a family member stating, "Family by birth, friends by choice." Not a whole lot of people have the gift of friendship with their family. I'm completely rambling here but to end this whole rant, I'm lucky and sometimes feel like I don't deserve the beautiful people in my life.
Okay so this is random, but I ran into these signs online and love them... Thought I'd share...


And the FISH!!!


So... It was my turn to do dinner last night and got my inspiration from one of the gals I work with which was, Almond and Coconut Crusted Tilapia. Oh yeah, it was SUPER super tasty and really easy to make! Of course, the picture below is a stock picture from Google and not the "actual" meal I made... what I made didn't last long enough for a picture. But the ingredients are: Almonds (crushed using a food processor), coconut flakes (preferable unsweetened (but I couldn't find such a thing at the regular market)), a Tablespoon or two of Brown Sugar, Egg, crushed pineapple, and other goodness. Again, really easy and mouthwatering. I couldn't believe that it was possible to have a half hour meal that tasted like you slaved away half the evening. Bonus! Or what Charlie Sheen would say, "WINNING!"

Well, that's all folks! Hope you continue to have a blessed week!

No comments:
Post a Comment