6.12.2011

The Boot...


Well, Jon finally had surgery on his foot... It has been long awaited for him to no longer walk around in pain. A few years ago he was hit while crossing the street by a motorcycle. As miraculous as it was that he walked away, he shattered parts of bone into joints and all sorts of carnage. He luckily did have surgery right when he came back to the states but it turns out that it was a part one of two. It'll be wonderful for him to be able to live an active lifestyle without the limitations of his ankle. You really don't know how important something is until you cannot use it easily or at all.

So, the surgery went wonderful thanks to the dreamboat surgeon. There were lots of prayers going his way. He fortunately was pleasant post op and didn't curse any of the nurses in Portuguese. Instead, he tried to answer the phones like he normally does while at work but in a bed while being pumped full of pain meds. I did take the opportunity to ask for a Coach purse but even while doped up, he refuse... I'm not really wanting a Coach purse but found it quite entertaining to hear his answer. I think I liked him post surgery with his silliness and sweet/kind words to me. I am pretty sure that pain meds are really a truth serum.


Well, I made him promise me to wear the dreaded boot until he gets clearance from the Dr.... We'll see how that turns out. Needless to say, this is a blessing for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment