Since it’s been a while since I have written a post, I thought that I would update our happenings and adventures.
So first, is the Good News: We’re going to purchase our first home!! It’s adorable and nestled in the most picture perfect neighborhood. When we first started out search, this was the first home we looked at and the one home we compared all the rest of the homes against. So, needless to say we’re excited and at the moment are waiting on the nitty gritty of offers, paper work, and of course…waiting. It’s relieving to know that we have saved and lived in my parent’s basement for a reason! Well we’re excited and hopefully things work out smoothly in the next couple of weeks!! I’m just itching to pack our stuff up and move right in!! Here a link to see a virtual tour of the home, of course it’s all finished with the renovations now but you still get the idea!

Well, Jon and I are also full time in school and LOVE it!! We’re both currently on the fast track for the Dean’s list if all goes well. I know that it’s not quite Notre Dame but more of a community college… then again; I really prefer to have more individualized attention from my professors as opposed to being a number amongst a group. It’s crazy to think that we’ll be signing up for spring semester in the next couple of weeks. I like knowing that we’re progressing and are molding our futures. I just wonder if people ever love school to the point where they never want to leave the student status??

Seeing as Jon as picked up a nifty hobby of old school shaving, I have picked up the intense hobby of Roller Derby. I know that I went with a couple of friends to the bout to see the South Bend Roller Girls kick butt which caused me to catch the Derby fever!! So, for the past seven or eight weeks I have been working my toosh off in Derby 101 to sweat off all of the crap in the past and live in the moment.

It’s awesome to find a sport with such amazing support from strong and gorgeous women here in the area. I love how there are athletes in the team that are all shapes in sizes but every one of them have the right stuff to knock you down. I love it if you can’t tell. So, what is roller derby you ask? Well it’s like roller skating but on steroids!! Hahaha! But seriously, if you’re interested in learning more about this sport, here’s a great link for more info.
Connie and I after practice.
Sweaty is Sexy!
I finally upgraded from old raggedy skates to smooth crisp ones!
Doing some sweet core exercises! Creating those six pack abs!
Sandra and I

Grrr!! Fresh Meat be fierce!!
Needless to say I have invested lots of time with practices three times a week and money with all of the gear but it’s worth it to dedicate yourself to something fabulous and rewarding. Anywho, I get to take the WFTA (Women’s Flat Track Association) test the end of this month and then all of us kick- “A” FRESH MEAT girls get to practice with the league! I can’t wait for the thrill and the rush! Also, Side Note: I’m still thinking up of a sweet name so if you think of anything fantabulous, hit me up! I’m just not sure if I’m settled with, Mimi Galore or Meradactyl or Mimi Doom Pass… :/
Now that I got that out of the way, I just want to say how stoked I am that the leaves are changing here into gorgeous vibrant colors. I know that we’ll have to take some family pictures here soon before they all fall off the trees. That is one thing I absolutely appreciate and love about moving here is how gorgeous the seasons are!! I’m starting to get amped for football games, pumpkins, horror movie marathons/Halloween, hot chocolate, fires in the hearth while cozying up with a good book, baking, and etc. I will have to update with those family pictures when we get around to it! I’m thinking the Notre Dame campus has some sweet spots! We’ll see but either way, I think it’s been forever since we have had nice pictures done and I know that Jon and I have slimmed down a bit lately as well with all of our active activities lately (I’m so proud of us)!
Well, I think it’s time to go back to school work but I thought I would share some fabulous discoveries I have ran across lately! Enjoy:
I'm digging the inspiration I'm getting from Cardigan's Fall Look book!
And I'm also liking the sound of this sweet romantic book.
Check out these yummy brownies (If only a certain someone didn't despise cinnamon)!
Watching the most stylish skateboard do his thing with mad swagga!
Marilyn Monroe frolicking in the meadow:

Images: Marilyn Monroe by Sam Shaw, 1957 via Suicide Blonde.
Have a fabulous week!
Well, Jon and I are also full time in school and LOVE it!! We’re both currently on the fast track for the Dean’s list if all goes well. I know that it’s not quite Notre Dame but more of a community college… then again; I really prefer to have more individualized attention from my professors as opposed to being a number amongst a group. It’s crazy to think that we’ll be signing up for spring semester in the next couple of weeks. I like knowing that we’re progressing and are molding our futures. I just wonder if people ever love school to the point where they never want to leave the student status??
Seeing as Jon as picked up a nifty hobby of old school shaving, I have picked up the intense hobby of Roller Derby. I know that I went with a couple of friends to the bout to see the South Bend Roller Girls kick butt which caused me to catch the Derby fever!! So, for the past seven or eight weeks I have been working my toosh off in Derby 101 to sweat off all of the crap in the past and live in the moment.
It’s awesome to find a sport with such amazing support from strong and gorgeous women here in the area. I love how there are athletes in the team that are all shapes in sizes but every one of them have the right stuff to knock you down. I love it if you can’t tell. So, what is roller derby you ask? Well it’s like roller skating but on steroids!! Hahaha! But seriously, if you’re interested in learning more about this sport, here’s a great link for more info.




Sandra and I

Grrr!! Fresh Meat be fierce!!
Needless to say I have invested lots of time with practices three times a week and money with all of the gear but it’s worth it to dedicate yourself to something fabulous and rewarding. Anywho, I get to take the WFTA (Women’s Flat Track Association) test the end of this month and then all of us kick- “A” FRESH MEAT girls get to practice with the league! I can’t wait for the thrill and the rush! Also, Side Note: I’m still thinking up of a sweet name so if you think of anything fantabulous, hit me up! I’m just not sure if I’m settled with, Mimi Galore or Meradactyl or Mimi Doom Pass… :/
Now that I got that out of the way, I just want to say how stoked I am that the leaves are changing here into gorgeous vibrant colors. I know that we’ll have to take some family pictures here soon before they all fall off the trees. That is one thing I absolutely appreciate and love about moving here is how gorgeous the seasons are!! I’m starting to get amped for football games, pumpkins, horror movie marathons/Halloween, hot chocolate, fires in the hearth while cozying up with a good book, baking, and etc. I will have to update with those family pictures when we get around to it! I’m thinking the Notre Dame campus has some sweet spots! We’ll see but either way, I think it’s been forever since we have had nice pictures done and I know that Jon and I have slimmed down a bit lately as well with all of our active activities lately (I’m so proud of us)!
Well, I think it’s time to go back to school work but I thought I would share some fabulous discoveries I have ran across lately! Enjoy:
I'm digging the inspiration I'm getting from Cardigan's Fall Look book!
And I'm also liking the sound of this sweet romantic book.
Check out these yummy brownies (If only a certain someone didn't despise cinnamon)!
Watching the most stylish skateboard do his thing with mad swagga!
Marilyn Monroe frolicking in the meadow:
Images: Marilyn Monroe by Sam Shaw, 1957 via Suicide Blonde.
Have a fabulous week!

No comments:
Post a Comment