7.05.2009

Our 4th of July



We decided that instead of a camping trip, we would take advantage of the free Phillies tickets Drew received from work. It was about an hour drive northwest and a good hike to the stadium. We played the CT "Defenders."

Jon wasn't feeling so great during the last bit of the game at all. His stomach wasn't quite doin' so great but luckily he started feeling better by the end of the game. We did have a couple of laughs with the Mascots and "Crazy Hot Dog Vendor." Sort of made the whole experience much more than just a plain baseball game. We even watched some ballooned mascot hold a "dance-off" against one of the umps... I would have to say it was quite priceless!

At the end of the game we had some awesome fireworks. It was better than last year when we watched the Penns Landing Werks from on top of our rainy Apartment Building roof. I think this was the closest I have ever been to actual Fireworks. We had a splentacular 4th. And the Phillies even beat the Defenders too!




No comments:

Post a Comment