8.05.2009

Brought to you by the letter G

A Gust of Green

August Greetings everyone!!

In an apparent quest to befuddle you with my selection of daily blog themes, today's blog is brought to you by ... the letter G. Actually befuddle is really not my intention... I just like the word befuddle. Plus, it has a sort of ring to it. Also, August is the only month with a G in it… so why not have G as a theme?

So what is G you say??

It's green, gray, and gamboge.
It's the game and the glory. Guaranteed.
It's golden gratitude.
G is genius, galaxy, and gardens,Grander, greater, gentler.
It's glamour and sometimes it's garbled.
G glows, glitters, and glides.
G is a glass of gin, a sideways glance, a gesture of goodwill.
G has germs. G begets gibberish, a gnome ranger, and a garage sale.
G is a gift to give, and sometimes get.When G is gone, H comes in and says Hi.

And that is a prime example why I rarely ever make attempts to fulfill
my life long 5 year old dream to become a poet.

14 Gs

1. Al Green: sha la la la... Doesn't matter if I'm 21-ish... I can still dig his soulful tunes.

2. Geography: Download Google Earth and
visit the world without leaving your hizouse.http://earth.google.com/
I even Google Earth my little blue house.

3. Graphic Poetry: http://www.graphicpoetry.net/eclipse.htm

4. Gustov Klimpt: "The Kiss" my favorite painting that reminds me of my mom.

5. Garage Art: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/2089979 I found this picture of some
amazing Garage Art!! Check it out!

6. G Book Titles Reviewed: Gods Behaving Badly, (as recommended by
on of the nurses I work with.)

7. Gerbera Daisies!! My favorite happy flowers!

8. Gala: Birthday Celebrations on Aug. 5 to: Neil Armstrong, first man to walk on the moon.
For some reason this bit of info reminded me of the kids book I used to read, "Goodnight moon." And.... Not to mention the month of August is also the month of my birthday which is on the 20th!! Happy 22nd to me!

9. G Words: graffiti, grand, giddy, guide, get, go-between, gather, garish, gap, garbage can, ghost, gig, gladiola, and gazeebo (my favorite weird G word).
http://phrontistery.info/g.html

10. Gnomes!!! I fell in love with the gnome from Amelie and have loved them ever since!! The Travelocity gnome has nothing on this one!!

11. Get a Grip on One Word: http://oneword.com/ One of my social workers recommended this site and you have 60 seconds to write about the one word on top of the form. Try it!! It was crazy to fumble with words to write about "Idle."

12. G-Money :aka my brother Garrett... 'nough said! He is the king of coolness.


13. Whisky a Go Go: Hollywood Club... reminds me of Caitlin and I driving around West Hollywood last Fall!! Yeah, good times!! :)


14. Gardens and Green Houses! :) One of the families in our ward tore down a green house in San Fran and rebuilt it up in the Sierra Nevada mountains. It was so neat that they grew all sort of vegetation and fruit! I am hoping that one day I'll be able to have my own little green house too!

Mitch Hedberg Quotes that have Gs in them (I can thank my husband

for getting me into "Mitch-all-together!"):

~I don't have a girlfriend. But I do know a woman who'd be mad at me for saying that.
~I love blackjack. But I'm not addicted to gambling. I'm addicted to sitting in a semi circle.
~I would imagine that if you could understand Morse code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment