11.06.2009

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity

Albert Einstein would be considered a pretty smart guy... Amongst all of his quotes and sayings, I would have to say that the difficulty equals opportunity phrase is my favorite. I was reading a list of quotes on trials and came across this one this morning...

In reflection, I would have to say that every frustrating and difficult moment/trial I have gone through an
interested outcome appears. For example, yesterday was beyond overwhelming for me. I realized that I
cannot sit at a desk for 8 hours with one bathroom break and not take a lunch or even a 20 minute break.
I left early for the day as opposed to going the whole day without a break/lunch. I went home and almost broke out in tears. I couldn't go to class. I couldn't function. So I stayed home. Yes, I played hooky on school. As much as I LOVE going to school, I just couldn't do it. I spent the night with my sweetheart.
We made insanely amazing Rotel Chicken (comfort food), watchd a cheesy action film (G.I. Joe), and
snuggled. At the end of my night, I felt like everything was set right. I pressed my reset button. I discovered that all of my frustrations melt away when I'm home and with my two favorite people in the world: Jon and Dixie-Doodle. Yes, Dixie is totally half dog and half person. She has too much personality not to be just a dog.

Anywho, side note... have you ever made a list of people you would fire if you could?? I'm thinking of making that list... I seriously think I just might.

I'm also hoping that Jon and I can take our Fall pics before all of the beautiful leaves are gone!! I can't believe it's seriously cold now and the leaves are all going away. I think I'm in denial that winter is coming. Makes me super sad. I really think I belong somewhere warm... very warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment