3.26.2010

The latest...


Bowling shoes... they never were considered cute. Weird to think that people used to steal them to wear.

So for our date night, we decided to go bowling! We both played a pretty close two games!! As usual Jon had more points than me but we sure did have fun trying to knock the pins down!

One of my many faces whenever the pins hits the gutter only!
We found the world's fattest squirrel. This picture def doesn't do it justice but this little fella was chunkin' it up! Must have found enough nuts this winter!

We also took a trip out to IN this past week to see my family. It was hard to leave Philly when there was finally gorgeous weather after all the snow we had. It was comforting to visit family though.
Dixie was sure happy to get a long car ride!! She smiled for the camera for me! She was perfect the whole way there and back! I'm pretty sure she's the best dog ever!

So I should also mention that each and every time we head out to see my family there's always this curse wherein we have some kind of vehicle dilemma. First we had the belt came off the Saab and grabbed jumper cables from a RN at dad's hospital to jump start the car, then we hit a pot hole and busted a tire, then the alternator belt broke in Ohio and luckily coasted it to a local auto shop, and lastly... In Ohio (to our "surprise") we hit a massive deer. We were starting to get super sleepy and at the last moment noticed a dark lump in the middle of the road and... Bump Bump! Right smack dab in the middle of the car we thumped it pretty hard. Of course we started to freak out and turned off the music to listen in for any rattling or warning noises. To our fortune we didn't have any massive damage besides a small dent in the exhaust pipe and lots of guts and pieces hanging off of the undercarriage of the poor Benz. Of course we pulled over immediately the nearest rest stop and turned off the engine. All of sudden the most rancid smell started to fill the car. We opened our car doors and the smell was so horrible I couldn't keep my CiCi's breadsticks down and decided to add a little quelque chose quelque chose to the parking lot. Eeew. Naturally we had to take some pictures to document our little adventure!
Luckily the next morning Jon took the Benz to a car wash and sprayed most of the gunk off!

Oh yeah not to mention, we had a chance to meet my parents new puppy, Maximus. He's half yellow lab and half Malimute. He's going to be a pretty big pup if you were to look at his gigantic paws! Poor guy wanted to play with Dixie but she was too much of a lady to jump around. Poor little guy was sick the whole time we were there. :(
I also did a little shopping and found the world's most ridiculous bling ever! I'm not sure I could sport the look but it was oh so fun to play dress up for a second!
So, March is also a big month for my family. Almost everyone has a birthday in the month of March. My mom's birthday is March 23rd and my dad asked that I make a little drawering for her. We all know that she loves the cartoon Madeline and so I wanted to incorporate a little picture with her as Madeline and her puppy, Amelie her little Bichon with the Eiffel Tower in the background. I took a picture of the pen and ink and I have yet to finish the color in the same illustration style as the Madeline books! I'm excited to have her see the finished product! It was exciting to do a little cartoon again! I miss doodling!

We also started packing the house this week. I was able to stop by my old work at Vitas and snag a few boxes they have from the weekly supplies! Their awesome since they have the handles!!

Oh yeah, we're moving to South Bend, IN... It's been too long for us to live so far from family. We are planning on getting me out to IN sometime around April 20th and Jon will stay a little while to finish his semester at Montco. We're excited to get out there but moving is a lot more involved than it looks.

I think that's the latest news so far from our end.

No comments:

Post a Comment