4.05.2010

Gorgeous Blue Skies and Pastel Eggs



So this month has been super busy so far!! I have already packed most of the office and started on the dishes and winter clothes! I'm trying to get things situated just in case I have to leave early for school and/or job.

But this last week has been amazing! Jon is on a two week school break and so, last week we totally took advantage of the beautiful weather and ventured on the Triumph to Valley Forge Nat' Park for a picnic! Of course, it would have more fun with a Frisbee but nothing's better than Panera Bread and sunny skies after a bitter winter! Yay for unseasonably warm weather!


I couldn't have asked for a better date!


Checking out my toes and deciding that I'll need a pedicure quick before flip flop weather is permanent!


Nothing better than Greek salads and Mac n' Cheese!


Soaking up the sun!


Funny that we both ended up wearing black shirts and camo pants!! And no, it was SO not
on purpose.

Using the helmet as a comfy pillow!


Jon checking out the blue skies!


Awe! Getting ready to head back home from our adventure.




I made a basket for the family full of: a big bone for Dixie Doodle, Phillies shirt for Jon, Peeps (since Jon loves himself some Peeps), and other goodies. It was a last minute thing since it's just the two of us it isn't really imperative that we do little things like this but it made my day to see Jon's surprised face.


Doodle all excited with her little bone!


Getting the egg coloring kit situated! We had a kit that we purchased last year together and never got around to doing it. But this year, it was a fun activity for the both of us... Yeah, we're still kids at heart!


Jon's awesome "watermelon" egg!


For some reason pink is the brightest color.


Jon drew a cute bunny with the wax crayon.


It's a mitten/heart!


Jon and his new Phillies shirt!


I really do get excited every time there's General Conference. It's always interesting to see what
topics come up. It was so hard for me to not get choked up during Donald Hallstrom's talk about the two examples of families that have gone through similar situations and how they approached them. One family drew closer to their spiritual support and the other family completely disassociated from the church. I know that personally I have found myself at church and cursed the happy families that surrounded me but in reality it is too much work to hold grudges and hold anger in my heart! Of course, President Monson's talk yesterday totally pulled on my heart strings... basically if you heard his talked and didn't get teary eyed, than you def don't have a heart! All in all, I'm glad we were at least able to listen to Sunday's session!

So here's what I am into as of this month:


By the way, I heart flesh colored heels!! It makes me happy to have tricks wherein I can elongate my not so long legs!!


One thing that is awesome about having translucent skin such as mine... is that you can totally pull off the classic red lips! I love red lipstick with a bluish tint! Too bad I tend to gravitate to YSL lipstick that runs around $50!

I heart the Korean vengeance series: Old Boy, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, and Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. They were very much comparable to the Hitchcock films where the plots where totally not what you expected. I really enjoyed them!


This summer, I completely plan on getting into the nautical stripe trend! It really doesn't matter what your body type is, stripes can totally be your friend! Think 50's Sophia Loren in Italy! Effortlessly classic!


My favorite flowers ever! I love my mom and how she gave me red poppy paintings for my birthday!


As much as it has been fun bloggering... I must go and get ready for company! My best friend Caitlin is heading over to visit me in Philly before I move. She is being recruited to help me out with this whole moving business and of course... Visit NYC one last time, Maybe hit a concert in the city, tour the fabulous city of Philadelphia, and whatever other ruckus we can get into! I feel lucky to have her come and visit! Hope I can wake up around 4ish to head to the airport to pick her up! I'm getting antsy... Anyways, off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment