5.02.2010

Weekend Update

Well, here's the weekend update:

So this Friday was Jon's birthday. Of course, he asked for a Peanut Butter Bar for his birthday cake and luckily Philadelphia is large enough to hunt the perfect bar down! Dixie and I sang him Happy Birthday and had him open up his presents. I gave him his main birthday present a little early: Sleek Matte Black Moto-cycle helmet. He pretty much looks like the Stigg in Top Gear! So since we believe in "Safety First", he got his main present early due to his old one being ill fitting and cracked. I also got him some new swim shorts for the summer and a sweet Poison the Well shirt. After we built up our starvation, we headed to Picanha Brazilian BBQ (what Jon wanted for his B-Day dinner) and devoured a gross amount of black beans/rice, sausage, chicken, and all sorts of top beef cuts! After a few months, it was more than insanely good and filling! It was worth it! I think that with the birthday on Friday, our wonderful visit with the Michael's on Saturday, and our mini veggie grilling on Sunday we had a great weekend!! Here's to a small break before we do some serious packing this week! Only 3 or so weeks until we move to IN!


Jon enjoyed the Peanut Butter Bar!!


Jon's happy face! He was working on getting sick full!




We tried to finish off the meat plate before the sword guy came around!! In the end, we were about to literally "roll out". Luckily we got to take some delicious Passion fruit Mousse home for a great midnight snack.


We were browsing the menu and Jon pointed out his favorite snacks from when he served his mission in Brazil.


Random snapshot while driving into Philly


Wouldn't be Philly without a Hoagie House!


Jon and I planned on grilling up some veggies and veggie patties/brats from the fridge for a weekend feast! So glad we did! I'm lucky to be married to the best cook ever!


This whole plate virtually filled me up to the brim! Yum!

Things I love... well, according to this weekend's inspiration:
We were watching Philly Music Mix on MTV and listened to The Roots. It's groovy and I'm sure they would rock in concert. I enjoyed listening to it this weekend with Jon. "Kudos to Jimmy Fallon for signing up these guys on Late Night."-Jon



It's a ballerina/crab! Love ink blots!


Octopus Chandelier! Love it!


Veils! I have one and want many more... They are so feminine and delicate!


Whale Cookie Jar. I don't have a cookie jar, but I have been watching this one!


I'm not huge into blue but I LOVE this french settee!


C'est Magnifique! I love this print and could totally see it as my couch pillows or on my wall!


I have and always will LOVE poppies! They are gorgeous and remind me of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment