Well, I woke up at the ripe old' time of 7 a.m. (after a long night full of dancing, pranks and giggling) and cleaned up camp so that I could head home... It was an amazing feeling to peel off my sweaty, dirty clothes and hop into the shower. Granted, I was completely covered in mosquito bites, I feel pretty clean and ready for a big nap!
I was so glad to have a chance to go to Girl's Camp this year. I loved my girls, they were awesome and luckily we didn't have to deal with any drama or major illness. After a few days of zero water and horrific heat, we all made it through the week and had ourselves a great time!
Last night, we stayed up late after testimony meeting and booked it back to the campsite (a storm was literally brewing) for our last night pow-wow. Abby and I had our YCL's (youth leaders) help us put together individualized awards for each of the girls this week. We were so proud of them and how much they have grown. My heart was full of love for them. I didn't have a chance to bear my testimony to them at Testimony meeting but I had hoped that I did through small actions in duration of the week. I had spent many hours in last minute preparations for the camp as well as much time on my knees in prayer to make sure these girls learn what they need to from me. I had hoped that I was able to be the leader they needed at the time. Since we had a thunderstorm during our planned "Crazy Socks Dance Party", we all huddled into the leaders’ tent and created our own music. I presented an award to each girl and after we hugged them, they provided their own music (mostly clapping, giggling, beat boxing) and showed us their signature move. After we gave out awards to all of our girls, my companion Abby Null (other adult leader), presented me with an award as "Most Spontaneous." I have to say that I was waiting all week of Girls Camp to be able to bust some dance moves with the girls. I got all warmed up and started dancing around the tight circle with my signature move and ended in the splits. After the bursts of clapping and giggling died, we all notice that I ripped a hole... in the makeshift rug we had in our tent (plastic round tablecloth).
We quickly had to wrap up our dance party since Abby and I had to hitch a ride down to the Dining Hall (which was forever away from our campsite) for our “important” leader’s meeting. Abby and the camp director, Erin had planned an evening of awards for all of the adult and level leaders. They had a court room situated where Abby was the bailiff and Erin was the judge… We cracked up laughing the entire time!! I was accused of “impersonating a minor” and was sentenced to wear “big girl pants” since I suppose I look really young and kept getting confused as a youth or youth leader the entire week. I had people constantly asking to confiscate my cell phone or ask me if I had a “buddy” when I was walking alone. I appreciate my mama for giving me the “young gene” but until I’m 30, I don’t think I’ll enjoy getting carded or confused as a minor. We had a fabulous time at our meeting and when we drove back to the campsite, hit the cot and was immediately asleep.
I wouldn't have changed this week and even though I battled through bug bites, heat, humidity, little shower time, and fatigue, I had learned so much from these girls than I would of ever had imagined. They gave me a little boost of spiritual strength as well as experience leading girls as they go through their journey to become glorious and beautiful individuals that they are destined to become. I'm so happy and will probably be giggling all week with all of the stories and memories I have collected this week.
Here’s some photos from the whole experience:
I was so glad to have a chance to go to Girl's Camp this year. I loved my girls, they were awesome and luckily we didn't have to deal with any drama or major illness. After a few days of zero water and horrific heat, we all made it through the week and had ourselves a great time!
Last night, we stayed up late after testimony meeting and booked it back to the campsite (a storm was literally brewing) for our last night pow-wow. Abby and I had our YCL's (youth leaders) help us put together individualized awards for each of the girls this week. We were so proud of them and how much they have grown. My heart was full of love for them. I didn't have a chance to bear my testimony to them at Testimony meeting but I had hoped that I did through small actions in duration of the week. I had spent many hours in last minute preparations for the camp as well as much time on my knees in prayer to make sure these girls learn what they need to from me. I had hoped that I was able to be the leader they needed at the time. Since we had a thunderstorm during our planned "Crazy Socks Dance Party", we all huddled into the leaders’ tent and created our own music. I presented an award to each girl and after we hugged them, they provided their own music (mostly clapping, giggling, beat boxing) and showed us their signature move. After we gave out awards to all of our girls, my companion Abby Null (other adult leader), presented me with an award as "Most Spontaneous." I have to say that I was waiting all week of Girls Camp to be able to bust some dance moves with the girls. I got all warmed up and started dancing around the tight circle with my signature move and ended in the splits. After the bursts of clapping and giggling died, we all notice that I ripped a hole... in the makeshift rug we had in our tent (plastic round tablecloth).
We quickly had to wrap up our dance party since Abby and I had to hitch a ride down to the Dining Hall (which was forever away from our campsite) for our “important” leader’s meeting. Abby and the camp director, Erin had planned an evening of awards for all of the adult and level leaders. They had a court room situated where Abby was the bailiff and Erin was the judge… We cracked up laughing the entire time!! I was accused of “impersonating a minor” and was sentenced to wear “big girl pants” since I suppose I look really young and kept getting confused as a youth or youth leader the entire week. I had people constantly asking to confiscate my cell phone or ask me if I had a “buddy” when I was walking alone. I appreciate my mama for giving me the “young gene” but until I’m 30, I don’t think I’ll enjoy getting carded or confused as a minor. We had a fabulous time at our meeting and when we drove back to the campsite, hit the cot and was immediately asleep.
I wouldn't have changed this week and even though I battled through bug bites, heat, humidity, little shower time, and fatigue, I had learned so much from these girls than I would of ever had imagined. They gave me a little boost of spiritual strength as well as experience leading girls as they go through their journey to become glorious and beautiful individuals that they are destined to become. I'm so happy and will probably be giggling all week with all of the stories and memories I have collected this week.
Here’s some photos from the whole experience:

*We decorated a bra (size:F) all pretty and had it hung above the pool for the 4th year girls to see. We offered them our love and "support"!

*LaShae used her talents to help open up glitter bottles and adhere flowers... She cracked me up all week with sayings such as, "No tattoos" or "No piercings Girls" at least once a day!

*Sarah and Sariah fit perfectly into one flowery "Lorax" (theme) Bra!

*Caught Lupe in the most fabulous pose! We found out the last day that we were in the same ward and had a blast together when we ate with our bishopric.

*One of my awesome YCL's Lauren with the Bra (before the picnic table broke)

*The adorable Cassie... Acting all Goofy and Crazy. She may be quiet sometimes but she's got fire!

*We acted out the story of The Sneetches... Maci was the Salesman and offered her services to take off the stars of the campers bellies... They were awesome!

*Girls looking confused for a second.

*Going through the machine

*At campfire we were doing the Chicky Chicky Dance

*Maci!! We discovered together that Daddy Long Leg Spiders like to get down and Boogie. We cracked each other up for the last few days with a sweet spider move. We are so grateful to have our awesome YCL's (Youth Camp Leaders)!

*Abby (girls called her Sister Abby)... She was the other adult leader for our level.

*Adult leaders for closeup shot

*Level 3

* My sweet cot! We scrubbed our tent down completely since it hadn't been used in years... Lots of spiders, nests, leaves, and creepy crawlers.

*Did a little mini-lesson on Hula Dancing, thanks to Lynette!

*One of the two hills you have to climb to our campsite which is one of the furthest from the Dining Hall and Campfire... Needless to say, we all lost a little bit of weight!

*Our camp artist, Jennifer! She was quiet most of the time and we were a little worried since she only came for a few days but she really opened up to the girls and chipped in with the Prank Poster! She wasn't there for the Socks Dance Party for her award but we had the most epic Michael Jackson tribute move in honor of her.

*Kaylie showed me her socks! She also cracked me up. She has a talent for letting you know how she feels about what you said without saying anything. Her face totally gives her away. The camp director joked constantly about how she was not subtle. We're glad she came since she as well as a lot of the girls helped us leaders out a lot.

*Walking back to Dining Hall- Sarah and Abby

*On Friday it was miserably hot!! I took a shower and within a minute, was already sweating tremendously... At least my hair was clean!

Girls all grouped after Scripture time (from left to right: Cassie, Kelly aka P.M. Chatterbox, Sarah, Jordan, and Kaylie)

Left to Right: Lupe, Lynette, Lauren, and LaShae

Lynette and LaShae

The last day the trees were swaying back and forth... Here's the video:

*The girls signed one of my signature pink shirts before leaving camp!

*Lauren and her crazy mane!

*Saying Goodbye to Sariah!

*My poor legs and feet are all dotted with bug bites!! Anti-Itch creme is my new best friend!!

*Back at home, all showered up, had Arby's, and am sporting my new signed shirt!
No comments:
Post a Comment