8.02.2010

Keep on Dreaming



Understanding your dreams... I have heard a few people tell me that dreams are sort of like windows to your soul... This makes me really worried, seeing as I had the strangest dream last night. I was trekking through the desert and magically appeared at a local water park and my purse was left there all day (looked like someone rummaged through it but all of my money and cards were intact)... Then i went with Jon on a date to a prison and talked to an inmate that was involved with a community theater group. With that being said, I know that dreams can be interpreted to help me understand myself on a non rational level. According to Wikipedia (my go-to reliable unreliable website) and supposedly we dream for about 100 minutes. The only problem with dreams, for me, is that I will remember them right after I wake up but after a bowl of cereal most of the details are completely forgotten.

So let's deconstruct this whole unintelligible dream:


Trekking=
represents progress and achievement. With perseverance and strong-will, you will make it far in life.

Desert
=signifies loss and misfortune. You may be suffering from an attack on your reputation. Deserts are also symbolic of barrenness, loneliness and feelings of isolation and hopelessness. The desert landscape may also be a metaphor for feeling deserted and left behind.

Water park= to dream that you are in a water park, indicates that you are expressing an emotional high point. You are feeling emotionally satisfied and fulfilled.
Prison= to see someone else in prison in your dream, signifies an aspect of yourself that you are unable to express freely.

Purse= to see or carry a purse in your dream, represents secrets, desires and thoughts which are being
closely held and guarded. It symbolizes your identity and sense of self. Consider also the condition of the purse for indications of your state of mind and feelings. Alternatively, a purse symbolizes the female genitalia and the womb.


*To interpret this dream, I referred to: http://www.dreammoods.com


No comments:

Post a Comment