

A couple of years ago my mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I immediately after her diagnoses and surgery, moved to PA and married my sweetheart. As an oldest child I know that I wanted to feel like I was helping her by helping to raise money for Breast Cancer Research (which she will and does benefit from). I held an event at The Double Tree Hotel, had some of my fabulous hair dressing/massage therapy/makeup artist/close friends to help me out! There wasn't the huge gathering like I wanted but those that came made the biggest difference.... This year, I wanted to contribute again but have a team and actually walk with my mom aka The Cancer Ninja!
This year, I am selling some of my artwork (using my talents) in my Etsy Store wherein 20% of the proceeds with be going towards, Team Mimi. I have one particular art piece, "Uplift and Support" which 100% of the proceeds will be going towards Making Strides for Breast Cancer.
I am grateful for the positive lessons I have personally learned from Breast Cancer. I think it's one of the few diseases out there that has been a positive influence on many women! I hope that my friends and family support me by either walking beside me on my team or donating even a dollar! I am excited to do this in honor of my mother, she is one of the most sensational and beautiful woman that I know (and not just because she is my mother). I hope that through research other mothers and loved ones will have the chance to get the help and resources they need while they are battling Cancer. I am excited this year for the experience and service this will bring to my own family as well as others!
For more info on Team Mimi and Making Strides, here's the website:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCFY11National?px=5997745&pg=personal&fr_id=28067
No comments:
Post a Comment