12.05.2010

Hallelujah

I apologize that I have neglected my blogging these past few months. It's been a crazy little stretch for Jon and I.

For one, I got a job working Full Time in Cardiology Dept at the St. Joe hospital with Jon... I do love the days whenever we're able to have little mini lunch dates during the week. I have been blessed to even find a job with the scarce jobs that are available these days. I love what I do and I love working in health care and hopefully will be able to stay with the practice.

Also, I got a calling in Nursery as the Nursery Coordinator over 24ish children. At first I was a bit overwhelmed since there was absolutely zero schedule and a good 15 little kids crying uncontrollably each Sunday. Luckily after integrating more structured activities alongside with a schedule we have had zero tears and a lot of fun. I'm really starting to enjoy Nursery... Plus, who doesn't love Playdoh and the gospel mixed in together.

Not to mention, we are readying ourselves for the holidays. With Halloween's pumpkin carvings and Jon's fabulous Turkey, I am antsy to see what Christmas will bring. Christmas time seems to be my favorite time of the year. I always look forward to the big meals, the snowy weekends, and presents I have planned all year to give. There really is something magical about Christmas time. It seems like people are more quick to lend a hand and share love. This last week I was driving in the Target parking lot and one of the many laid of people had parked herself at a curb with a sign for people to donate money or food. A young lady in her twenties got out of her car with four bags of groceries and laid them at this older woman's feet. I drove away with the sick feeling that I should have given something as well. I tend to quickly forget during the year the reason why I am we even celebrate Christmas and why we should give unto others. I have walked past the beautifully decorated nativity scene in the hospital this past week and have found myself stopped in my tracks staring at the manger... maybe I'm getting more emotional these days or maybe I have been feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude lately for what I have in my life. I have been given much more than I feel I deserve and that is a lot that I can do to give. I have been thinking really hard these past two days of a list that Jon and I can do before Christmas to give. I'm excited to post what our adventures will be, so stay tuned! :)

Anywho, speaking of the spirit of Christmas.... My awesome RS president emailed all of us sisters a Youtube video of a flash mob singing the Hallelujah Chorus. I love music and can't help but get goosebumps whenever I hear beautiful music, plus flash mobs are amazingly awesome. Please do enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment