
So I’m not going to lie it’s been a crazy past week full of stress, fatigue, anxiety and confusion. I feel like I have been on an emotional roller coaster from hell, going from “Hey everything’s ok, right?” to “Oh my gosh I’m brimming with crazy emotions that I cannot control.”
I have contemplated calling up friends to just vent about everything that’s going on. Have I done so? Nope not really; even though I have amazing people in my life that wouldn’t mind. I just don’t want to be “that friend”… You know what I mean, the friend that only calls when they either want something from you or talk about themselves the entire time. Then, after a good 15 minutes of venting does that friend ever ask you about how you are doing. I have really vowed to not be that person, The Drama Friend.
I do send out my sincere apology if I myself have been the drama friend in the past to others but as annoying as it is for me, I think it’s enough motivation to improve my communication skills. There’s nothing worse than feeling like someone’s therapist and receive nothing back in return. I think I have had enough of those friends in my life for comfort.
So, what about when you are going through hard times?? I think everyone deals with trials and rough patches a little differently. I know that as a good friend, it’s your duty to talk to a friend in need, listen, and give out sincerely honest opinions. I’m personally sheepish to call for fear that I’ll be too selfish. But, I think the best thing I have done so far is getting my butt over to the gym for an intense workout. Each night I come back home I feel rejuvenated and much more hopeful. I guess people really are right that consistent workouts make for happier and healthier people.
I think another discovery I have made through all of this is cutting out the small talk and making more meaningful conversations with people I hold close in my life. Possibly this is the way to better communication and deepening relationships? I know that there’s nothing worse to me than talking about the weather a gazillion times to a family member when in reality my time spent with them would be much more meaningful if I were to really ask them about their wisdom, thoughts, and experiences.
Or, I could be talking crazy this whole time… Who knows?
Well, cheers to a hopefully uplifting and motivating week!
I have contemplated calling up friends to just vent about everything that’s going on. Have I done so? Nope not really; even though I have amazing people in my life that wouldn’t mind. I just don’t want to be “that friend”… You know what I mean, the friend that only calls when they either want something from you or talk about themselves the entire time. Then, after a good 15 minutes of venting does that friend ever ask you about how you are doing. I have really vowed to not be that person, The Drama Friend.
I do send out my sincere apology if I myself have been the drama friend in the past to others but as annoying as it is for me, I think it’s enough motivation to improve my communication skills. There’s nothing worse than feeling like someone’s therapist and receive nothing back in return. I think I have had enough of those friends in my life for comfort.
So, what about when you are going through hard times?? I think everyone deals with trials and rough patches a little differently. I know that as a good friend, it’s your duty to talk to a friend in need, listen, and give out sincerely honest opinions. I’m personally sheepish to call for fear that I’ll be too selfish. But, I think the best thing I have done so far is getting my butt over to the gym for an intense workout. Each night I come back home I feel rejuvenated and much more hopeful. I guess people really are right that consistent workouts make for happier and healthier people.
I think another discovery I have made through all of this is cutting out the small talk and making more meaningful conversations with people I hold close in my life. Possibly this is the way to better communication and deepening relationships? I know that there’s nothing worse to me than talking about the weather a gazillion times to a family member when in reality my time spent with them would be much more meaningful if I were to really ask them about their wisdom, thoughts, and experiences.
Or, I could be talking crazy this whole time… Who knows?
Well, cheers to a hopefully uplifting and motivating week!

No comments:
Post a Comment