I remember clutching my point shoes while watching Alessandra deliver a beautiful and powerfully expressive performance in Romeo and Juliet. I know that my dreams of becoming a professional ballerina has long sailed, but I still have a deep and sometimes buried love for ballet. It still pains me but still makes me feel at awe of the beautiful people can create in this world. I sometimes miss this chapter in my life.
Well, one can still dream that in another life, I graced the lines of my bedroom floor in a romantic duet with Jon in tights, holding me up in a one handed presage lift... Right?? Or maybe I'm alright with where I'm at right now. Lol.
**Side note: It's amazing how this dancer (Alessandra) makes ballet look so easy and effortless! No wonder I fell in love with ballet after first seeing her on my VHS of ballet compilations. Sorry, I am such a nerd at heart!
Here is another more modern video of her dancing to Sting's acoustic guitar:
No comments:
Post a Comment