
While Jon and I were running errands around town today we were listening to the radio which was announcing that you could win tickets to a haunted house if you answered the following question... "Which monster/character was in a 1931 black and white horror film??" Well, we both answered, "Bella Lugosi!" I not so secretly find it adorable that we would know little horror film trivia. Anywho, while the radio DJ was announcing the winner, I had this random memory pop up....

I while back I was talking about scary movie characters to some co-workers and I mentioned Nosferatu since he seriously still creeps me out. In response I received blank stares. No one had heard of him. I was kind of sad inside that people had missed out on this iconic horror character. If you're not familiar with this movie, it's a silent film or more like German Expressionist Horror Film. This awesome classic was created in 1922 and was based off of the novel, Dracula by Bram Stoker. Which I would hope you have heard of... Basically this was the first vampire film to set the tone for all of the others to follow.
Anyways, according to the film staff at the time, it was speculated that since the actor never got out of costume/character for this movie, he very well may be a real vampire... Some believe that the director hired the real creature for the purpose of realism. Well, You can judge for yourself...
No comments:
Post a Comment