6.05.2009

Bucket List



So I have decided to finally write out my bucket list... I mentioned it to someone at work and
they laughed at me for writing one out at twenty-something...


Here is what I have so far:

Learn Flamenco and perform in front of an audience
Try everything once
Learn to screen print and sell my works of art

Have my "Letter to the Editor" published
Take off now for a spur of the moment vacation
Milk a cow
compose a perfect haiku
not risk what I cannot afford
walk down London's Abbey Road
Learn ASL
Keep a stash of Girl Scout cookies year round (if that's possible)
Spend a week kayaking among the islands on the coast of Maine
volunteer at the Special Olympics
travel for 3 months with just one carry on bag
walk out of a dull, pointless meeting- just get up and walk out
live closer to family
hike Alaska's Brooks Range
Look 30 at 40 yrs and 40 at 50 yrs
attend a party on the terrace of a NY City Penthouse
Raise sheep
Give my sweetheart a thousand hershey kisses
keep exotic fish
Read the original Nancy Drew books
run through Chicago's Buckingham Fountain
Stop craving material things
Witness a jazz funeral in New Orleans
Vacation in the Alps
Ski in the Alps
Build my own furniture- Kitchen table, chairs, rocking chair
Find inner peace
Volunteer as a school playground monitor
Sell my crafties at a craft fair
Work out as many times as I eat in a day
Join a Messiah Sing-In with the Mo mo Tab Choir
Overtip
Spend a whole day at the British Museum
Save half a year's salary
Set aside a grudge and bury the hatchet
Study Philosophy
Live without television for a year
write a letter to my descendants
Cruise the Greek islands
receive two dozen roses from my sweetheart at random
buy a winning lotto ticket
get a sweet tat that I won't regret
see with 20/20 vision
lie on the ground in a grove of sequoias
Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
live without envy
Help preserve a landmark
set aside time each day to be totally alone
break a mirror and not worry
surf a sweet wave off Australia's west coast
schedule one day a week for creative thinking- all day
write an awesome headline
win a speaking role in a movie
understand the layers of King Lear
win a medal for bravery
determine what is the one thing in life I want most
dance a Viennese waltz in Vienna
Stop a mugger
skinny dip under a waterfall
throw a party people will talk about for years
crack a secret code
start a patchwork quilt on the day of my child's birth- and give the finished
product on the day she graduates from college
ride a unicycle without killing myself
actually do a laughing meditation
Obtain my "official ideal weight"
Be at peace with the body I have
take a kid to the circus
Tell everyone I love how much I appreciate them
revisit my childhood homes with my brothers
drive a four wheeler up a mountain
Hike up the high country in Cali with Jon
celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans
nurse a sick animal back to help
paint a sidewalk mosiac
Spend five days focusing on each of my five senses- one per sense
learn and use a new word each day
improve my grammer
pay off all of my debts
make my own maple syrup
have lunch with a friend from elementary school
grow Dahlias
visit every one of the national parks
make all of my clothes
dog sled in Alaska
find a love letter from an ancestor
Learn to draw---just kidding , I guess I could just learn to improve
have a psychic read my future- which I have almost thought seriously of doing
study cooking at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris
Beautifully write Arabic Alphabet
Look good without makeup
ride horseback through Ireland
travel with no destination
taste raw sugar cane in the Caribbean
learn to rock climb- Page is sooo going to teach me one day!
Write a letter that changes someone's life
Be completely fluent in Portuguese so that I can talk to Jon secretly in public
See a great white shark in real life
Attend an Opera and feel the music go through me
Float on the Great Salt Lake
Sleep in a hamock outside in the summer
Wear a sari with grace
Own at least a thousand legos
Build a sculpture out of legos
Paint a family portrait
Watch my family grow

No comments:

Post a Comment