
Jon taught Drew to ride a moto-cycle! Cody has the cutest little blue motorcycle which Jon always gets excited to ride whenever we come to visit. It was funny to see that the bike was almost too small for Drew. Unfortunately for any rider, the bike needed a head start before turning the key... Drew got stuck at the bottom of the hill and Jon caught up to help push back up towards the house. Too bad I didn't take the chance to learn to ride it myself as well... maybe on our next visit.

We took a picture of the Utah Valley before heading back down to St. George

I was so excited to find that there was an El Pollo Loco!! I used to get their burrito bowls all the time in California. It was nice to have a nastalgic moment. There's nothing like greasy Mexican food while on vacation!! It's too bad that we have yet to find a nice Mexican restaurant here in Philly. :( I sure miss good Mexican food. I think that's where California spoils you: Fresh Produce, Great Mexican Food, and Awesome shopping... yep. But once you leave, it's impossible to move back. Good thing, the good word is spreading and St. George has converted to the great ways of, "El Pollo Loco" food!
We also hit up "Paula's" near Santa Clara which was pretty good. We hung out with Hyrum, McKenzi, Josh, Jess, and Jaxten. It was a pleasant dinner with all the siblings and their fams. It was nice to have a bite to eat before going and seeing Grandpa Max in the hospital.

Jon made fun of me for taking pictures with my non-digital/manual camera... but I would have to say that it did take some really nice pictures of the SLC Temple.

We took an aerial picture of the SLC Temple from the Church Headquarters.

Jon looking super cute with his shades on.

Drew, Jon and I took a moment to look at the Christus Statue and enjoyed the silence before continuing our tour of the Visitors Center.

Drew and I for our close-up on top of the Church Headqaurters Bldng. Jon made sure that you could see the Temple behind us.

Drew in front of the statue. It was sort of awkward that we were the only ones taking pictures and "disturbing the peace." There were a few people sitted a few rows behind us that just sat reverently.

We had to run into the bathroom right when we got to Temple Square and we ran into this church building first. Still not sure exactly what it is... but I really liked the structure.

Jon wasn't sure that my camera could take the picture since it was taking it's time... Either way, it made for a very interesting look on his face.

I really liked this painting of the angels. It was interesting to see the robes "floating" behind them as opposed to the stereotypical wings. Sort of inspired me to do a painting as well... but I have a few projects to finish first.


We were so lucky that it wasn't rainy when we visited the SLC Temple Square. It had been raining for the past week and it was the first real non-rainy day in the longest while. Drew and I had never really had a chance to walk around the square before and it was neat to go together as a family to visit and discover the site.

Drew's hairy legs... we were chillin' at Grandma Zola's house. Jon asked Zola where her name originated from and she mentioned that it came from a nun. Her mom was close to one of the local nuns who was named Zola and thus originated her name.
Of course after that, Jon wanted her to tell us the story of her flashing WW 2 soldiers as they would pass a local swimming spot in Northern Utah.
She was telling us that if an Autobiography was written about her, it would be called, "I'm just Zola." We all chuckled together since it sounded very fitting for her. It would be a cool project to put her stories together though... coming from a fun and spirited personality.
Looks like you guys had fun!
ReplyDelete