9.08.2009

Random Thoughts

1) I wish Mapquest had an "Avoid the Slums/Ghetto" routing option.
(Oh do I wish they had this feature for the Philly area!!)
2) More often than not, when I'm talkign to someone, it always seems like instead
of listening, they're just waiting for their turn to talk... The Art of Listening is really lost.
3) Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize
you're completely wrong. (And 9 times out of 10, I am wrong.)
4) I absolutely despise women who have never grown out of the "Tattle Tale" phase!!
5) I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was
younger! Especially today! I mean, why don't they have siestas in the US???
6) Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't
work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically
fix the problem?? Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know
how to fix the problem? There was no Google or forums, or FAQ's.
We just figured it out. Today's kids are too soft.
7) I think I should make more penpals and really honestly revive the
lost art of handwritten letters. They mean so much more than dumb emails.
8) Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and
suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it!
9) How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?! I never get them all
nice and crisp like my Grandma Twiss can!! 
10) I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than
take 2 trips to bring my groceries in!--Or put them all in the GIANT IKEA blue ball and cut
off my circulation bringing them all in on one go! 
11) I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately shut down all fat
jokes and dirty laundry at funerals! (heard too many stories at work!)
12) The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to
finish a text or look for my cell that is buried unmercilessly in my purse!
13) Was learning cursive really necessary? No one really uses it these days! I
tried to teach a 30 yrs how to write an "F" in cursive today! How sad.
14) LOL has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".
True Story.
17) I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger... unfortunately.
18) Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I
hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
19) How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and
smile because you still didn't hear what they said??? I really want to know!
20) MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #4 or #5. I'm pretty sure I
know how to get to the Blue Route by now!
21) Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the
person died!
22) I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the
shower first and THEN turn on the water! I never ever want to experience that 10
second cold water to warm water conversion!
23) Shirts get dirty. Underwear get dirty. Pants? But pants, they never get dirty,
and you can wear them forever.
24) I can't remember the last time I went to the roller rink!
Speaking of "California Love" and Ace of Base!
25) Bad decisions make good stories... or at least interesting.
26) Is it just me, or do high school girls get sluttier & sluttier every year?
27) Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go
around and say their name and an interesting fact about themselves, that it always seems
like most people (not all) give out farse answers for dramatics??
28) You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work,
when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day..
29) Why is it that everytime I break to enter into my driveway that half the time someone honks at me?!
I mean, where are you going in such a hurry??
30) There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after
leaning your office chair back a little too far!- Happened this morning as I was stretching.
31) I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Microsoft word too quickly that it won't
save any of the changes I made and I will have to do everything all over again!
32) "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will probably never wash this ever.
33) I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Gosh Dang you!),
but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes straight to voicemail.
What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away for dear life?
34) I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing
a mirror for the entire day, notice that I had a dark smear of makeup on the side of my cheek.
What a waste!
35) I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then
I like about one in every ten songs in my iTunes. I should just not Shuffle, ever!
36) Why is a school zone 15 mph here?
That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles... Right Chester??
37) As a driver I hate most East Coast drivers on the road, and as a pedestrian I hate all drivers,
but no matter what the mode of transportation,
I always hate Segway-ers.
38) Sometimes I'll look at my alarm clock in the morning and it'll take two or three times
for it to register that it's 7:15, and not 10:15 in the a.m.
39) I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
I'll admit it.
40) Why is it that a Receptionist is beneath a Secretary but they're all doing the same thing...
the work that no one else wants to do or doesn't take the time to do by themselves.
41) I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they
drive behind obeys the speed limit to the T!
42) Why is it that it always seems super awkward hanging out with your newly married friends...
then you get married and things are good again as if nothing changed...
then they have a baby and it gets super weird all over again?? I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment