10.02.2009

30 Quintessential Fall Activities...

Fall activities/Reasons why I HEART the Fall!!


1) Hauling the A/C units out of the windows at our house.

2) Eating an apple cider donut (Just one from Dunkin' and by myself since Jon hates the
smell of cinnamon).

3) Writing longhand. I Heart writing hand-written letters/cards to my favorite people ever!!

4) Making the bed with nice/soft fluffy flannel sheets. I haven't gotten my first pair of
flannel sheets yet but if mornings are going to be as cold as they have been these past few days, I NEED 'em!

5) Watching "Bonnets" by myself or with my All-Time Favorite "Bonnet-Buddy", Mom!

6) Swapping Fraps for Hot chocolate and Chai Teas from Starbucks!
7) Walking through the woods with Doodle and Jon.

8) Haunted Houses!! or even maybe The Eastern State Pen. this year?? I LOVE a good scare.

9) Wearing plaid and getting away with it!! I heart my plaid tunic from Anthropologie. True and sad story.

10) Stocking up on pens, pencils, and notebooks, and all of those school supplies. I was SO tempted to
buy myself an awesome folder, awesomely bright colored pens, and a trapper keeper from Walmart and bring it with me to work... but it wouldn't fly so well as it used to in 4th Grade in Mrs. Hart's class.

11) Apple Sauce, Apple Sauce, Apple Sauce!!!

12) Reading a classic book!! Which I usually can use any excuse to read a GOOD classic book!

13) Stowing the summer clothes and pulling out your woolens (sounds sort of wrong, doesn't it?)
Which I finally started the looooooong drawn out process of rotating my summer and winter clothes. I missed my cashmere sweaters!!

14) I get to bust out the Slip-Slippers and wear them night and day at home!! "I love you", warm socks!

15) Spending an afternoon date somewhere... like the library. (I miss riding my bike to the Hurricane library in the summer afternoons: pick up a juicy read, and grab a bite at Subway, come home, read, nap!)

16) Drinking my Chai, preferably on a sunny outdoor bench with a WARM wrap or spouse.

17) Raking up the leaves in my yard!.

18) Soupies, Soupies, Soupies!- For lunch. Swap out the salad for that Potato Leek Soup!

19) Roasting chicken on Sunday night.

20) Tramping through fallen leaves (walking does not count; you must tramp!)

21) Picking apples. Even if they're not ready or edible... It's just fun!

22) Learning something new! Jon's teaching me the guitar! Joan Biaz, here I come!

23) Attending a scholarly lecture (thankfully, there will not be a quiz on this) Luckily, Jon and I are
in school and will have plenty of opportunities to "attend" lectures.

24) Putting the comforter back on the bed! Or just putting another blanket on top of
the existing blanket- Jon and Meredith Style!

25) Taking a "Moonlit" or night walk.

26) "Fall" Cleaning! Clearing out the attic since it's too hot to do so in the summer! Deep Clean people!

27) Carve a Pun'kin! I LOVE love love carving fun pumpkins. Jon carved Harry Carrey one year.
I wonder what we'll do this year!

28) Building Fires on Cold nights.

29) Going out for "Just Dessert" at a restaurant. Even dress up for the occasion. I look a good reason to
dress up all pretty!

30) Feeling like your home is a WARM respite from the chilly outside world!

What are your favorite fall rituals/activities???

No comments:

Post a Comment