6.26.2010

Disneyland: Day 3 (Father's Day)

Day 3: Well the day before I was starting to feel a little under the weather and by the evening I was feeling pretty terrible. Luckily, Jon asked his brother Josh and his dad to help give me a blessing. There is a lot of power behind prayer and I was able to actually leave the hotel room the next day and head out to Disneyland and dinner for Father's Day. My husband was a sweetheart and took care of me and in return, I was a trooper and headed to the park instead of sleep at the hotel the rest of the trip.

First thing, Jon and I met up with everyone with the family a little later in the morning and grabbed a small snack and headed out for some rides... We went to the Haunted Mansion (which was sweltering hot) and then the Pirate's ride near Mark Twain's island, and lastly Space Mtn (since I didn't get a chance on Saturday)... Actually I can't remember which day we did Space Mtn since most of the rides were blurred together but I think that's what happened.

As we were walking through Frontier land, Jon mentioned to the family that he wanted to check out one of the gift shops sometime soon. Well, he really meant to say was: “I want to check out this gift shop sometime while we’re in Disneyland and get an Indiana Jones hat. Well, he sure did do that. He bought a Indiana Jones hat as his present from Disneyland and wore it for the rest of our trip. Well, he was super excited and you could tell that his inner 6 yrs old self was happy!


Me in front of Mark Twain island.

Jon and I spotted a momma and baby ducks!

On our way to Pirate's ride we got to watch Princess Tatiana sing a few songs! Jax was too cute and enjoyed his photo-op with her!

Matt (Father in law) took our picture at Toon Town.



For Father's Day, we went to dinner with the whole family (Mckenzi, Hyrum, Jaxten, Jess, Josh, Grandma Zola, Matt, Cody, Jon, and myself) at The Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed some amazingly delicious food. As you know, siblings can be known to push each others buttons…Right? Well, at the end of our meal, the waitress brought over our check and we all pitched in money towards our portion of the meal; Josh didn’t bring any cash. So, Josh said he would just put the entire bill on his card and everyone can just give him their cash. Of course, Jon being the brother that he is (wanting to push buttons) said out loud, “Well, why did you come to dinner if you didn’t bring any cash?” I could immediately see Matt and Jon try to smother their giggles and could also see Josh glaring intensely at Jon… Needless to say we all shared some laughs and took some slices of cheesecake back to the hotel for some extended goodness. Jon and I felt special and blessed to have the opportunity to share this holiday with my Father in law, Matt and brother in law, Josh (who is a great father), and the rest of the family. As a Father’s Day present, I made Matt and Grandpa Max ties (Cubbies for Matt and Statue of Moroni tie for Grandpa Max). I was able to give Matt his tie on Father’s Day and send Grandpa Max’s tie back with the family since he was unfortunately unable to come.

Jon and I posed in front of Mickey!

So, the plan was that Sunday was the last day we were going to spend all day at Disneyland in which we rapped up all of the rides we wanted before the end of our trip. So, that night we watched the fireworks again (from a not so great spot but was touched either way) and planned on watching the Fantasmic (fire, water, and light) show. Jon and I waited for the Fantasmic show with the family which was at Tom Sawyer's island but it was running late and by the time we started walking away to ride ride's (before the night was over), the show started. We briskly walked over to the Matter Horne (which was the only ride we didn’t get to go on) and it was completely closed down. We were so bummed out but decided to try again on Monday night. So, we walked back and went on Thunder Railroad instead (which was completely deserted due to the crowd watching the Fantasmic instead). Sunday was a great Father's Day and in the end we were worn out and elated.

No comments:

Post a Comment