
Jess rockin' out the sweet pinned up curls and comb in hair.

Waiting for the Psychic to open up.
Jess and I decided to venture off on our own “Girls Only” adventure and get our palms read. I had always wanted to get my palm read and thought, “Hey, why not now while I’m on vacation in California”. We drove over and had to park in the back of this house (mind you the front looked like a dentist’s office but minus the “$15 for Palm Reading” sign), and knocked on the side entrance door. After a few minutes, this thin woman in a blue maxi dress answered the door and was wondering what we wanted. We then replied that we were stoked to get our palms read. She said it would be a few minutes and for us to sit down in the sitting room… I have to say that I have never seen a crazy gnome gathering like I have in this room! She had the gnome from the Travelocity commercials as well as every porcelain Disney character you could collect (a total candidate for “This Tacky House” on TLC). Jess went in first for a reading and popped out after a good 15 or so minute and then it was my turn. I could tell from her smirk that this was going to be entertaining. I was directed into her cramp little office that was filled with tons of Christ and Mother of Mary paintings/statues. She asked me to hold my palm up to her and waited a few minutes to receive my mysterious reading. She ended up telling me that this year was full of learning and growing (which you could say to anybody really). She said I was a creative being and that I was destined to get married and that I would end up having 3 kids (she was good, I was married but without the 3 kids part). Also, that Jon was good for me and I should stick with him. Not to mention, my chakras are shifting (which isn’t a bad thing) and also I had one past live in which some bad karma has followed me into this life as well as my Aura which is bright purple. Other than that, it wasn’t mysterious like I thought it would be. It was sort of cheap that she had gotten a lot of direction from her previous meeting with Jess but I'm still glad we went and fulfilled one of my lifetime goals (true story).

My reaction to the room decor

Jess getting cozy with some of the awesome table trinkets.

Oh Gnome you didn't!-- This lady had a ridiculously uncomfortable amount of gnomes in one room. At least you wouldn't be bored while waiting for your palm to be read or your Chakras to be balanced... Just saying.

To wrap up our "Girls Afternoon Getaway" we tried on some sweet straw cowboy hats at Target.

Me and my cute date for the night!

Two gorgeous ladies!

Me, Jess, and Jaxten for a pre-fireworks pic!

Lamp post on the corner of Disney's Main Street

Night #2 was the first night that I was able to go with Jon and the family to see Disneyland's extravagant fireworks. By the way, we were so lucky to have to chance to watch them almost every night we were there since you couldn't get enough of bright lights and moving music! They were amazing and it was almost impossible to keep yourself from having teary eyes! My favorite part was with Dumbo (mechanical flying elephant) and how he synchronized with the song, "Baby Mine" and flew over the castle.
While we were watching the show that night I kept cringing each time Tinker Bell (which was a real person on a zip line) would fly around, since she was dodging some pretty sketchy firebombs during the show. I'm sure glad we were able to catch the shows when we did. I would have been bummed out if we all didn't get a chance to see the fireworks show. "These fireworks will ruin the 4th of July for you."- Josh Dupass (bro in law).

No comments:
Post a Comment