
Last night I caught myself saying really loudly, "Ah...I love me!" My mom started giggling and I realized that I have never really said that in a serious tone. After a few moments of thought, as I was brushing my pearly whites for the night, I had an epiphany... I may not really love me but actually do like parts of myself. But, as everything in my life, it'll be a long process. Why not make it an interesting, relieving, humorous, and fun process?!
Later today, I was looking through some of my old school papers and found a quote that ironically mirrored last night's moment:
""I like who I am." This is what I know: I am human, I have human reactions, and I’m selfish and flawed and a perfectionist. I can work to limit my flaws, but I will always have some. And what's cool is that I really like myself and my craziness and all my flaws, and I understand my actions, feelings, and reactions."-S.C.
So I suppose one way I can start this serious attempt to loving me is to get to know me... "Hi self, your name is Meredith and you have serious problems", "Hi Me”.... Actually let's not take the rehab route but a more psychological approach and start with a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, aka The Personality Test.... Hang on for the results...
ENFP
Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.
*You can do this yourself by logging onto: http://www.myersbriggs.org
Later today, I was looking through some of my old school papers and found a quote that ironically mirrored last night's moment:
""I like who I am." This is what I know: I am human, I have human reactions, and I’m selfish and flawed and a perfectionist. I can work to limit my flaws, but I will always have some. And what's cool is that I really like myself and my craziness and all my flaws, and I understand my actions, feelings, and reactions."-S.C.
So I suppose one way I can start this serious attempt to loving me is to get to know me... "Hi self, your name is Meredith and you have serious problems", "Hi Me”.... Actually let's not take the rehab route but a more psychological approach and start with a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, aka The Personality Test.... Hang on for the results...
ENFP
Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.
*You can do this yourself by logging onto: http://www.myersbriggs.org

No comments:
Post a Comment