
“I thought i was content with this happy facade I created, but now I want people to know who I really am... a monster.”-Meredith Dupass
Here are some of my favorite opening sentences of classic novels:“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
“Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” - Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
“Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.” - Charles Dickens, David Copperfield (1850)
“ We started dying before the snow, and like the snow, we continued to fall.” - Louise Erdrich, Tracks (1988)
“It was love at first sight.” - Joseph Heller, Catch-22
“Once upon a time, there was a woman who discovered she had turned into the wrong person.” - Anne Tyler, Back When We Were Grownups
“ Most really pretty girls have pretty ugly feet, and so does Mindy Metalman, Lenore notices, all of a sudden.” - David Foster Wallace, The Broom of the System
No comments:
Post a Comment