
Well, Jon and I went straight from work and carpooled our way over to the school for orientation. I felt like it was my first day of school... tons of nerves and a lot of people you don't know.
We got to the school ten minutes late (I got done at work right when orientation was supposed to start) and
was ushered to the back. Jon was one of three people in the room that came to support their "fellow students." I was the only one dress in cords and looked like I was WAY too conservative for the scene. Unfortunately I was dressed for work when I walked in and felt a little off.
The Director of the school walked in and started off our orientation. He paced back and forth and introduced us to what Paul Mitchell was all about. As much as the orientation was unsurprising and somewhat boring, I couldn't help but look around the room and imagine myself in school already. I could already envisioned my clientele in front of me with my artwork hanging beside my station. I was already thinking of ideas for the Beacon competition as soon as the idea was mentioned to us. I was ready to sell myself and my creativity!
Luckily, Jon was with me and after orientation was able to bring up good points with the financial counselor regarding questions we had.
I was super glad to have gone with Jon at my side.
I'm super excited and anxious to get this thing started! Classes start the 19th of this month!
No comments:
Post a Comment