I did not stand at the altar, no, not like everyone dreams of...I knelt
at the foot of the altar, with my beloved across from me...
our fathers sitting on one side with approving glances, the crowd of loved
ones on the other side.
The building was so blinding, white walls and gold flakes, my eyes
couldn't see any faces but the one in front of me.
I could audibly hear our pulses ringing against the walls.
It was the afternoon, - fall was here but summer
still had her warm blanket surrounding us.
The only sounds were hushed voices and silent tears.
We knelt across each other, brushing back moisture in my eyes
with overwhelming awe.
In truth, we had married our hearts already, but now we stood
in history—what our hearts had said, we now stated publicly,
gathered together, with eternal bands. For everyone to see.
We stood holding each other by the hand, yet I also
knelt alone. I could still hear my ghosts of my past whispering, taunting.
I was closing the chapter on my past. I was letting go of all that was
painful and weary for a sweet new beginning. I knew I would never
be alone from this day forward. For eternity.
I had been waiting... working toward this hour all my life for my
gentleman, in white... the one who would I dreamt of that would wisk me away
from reality. I was living my dream. We were all sitting inside my dream. From dog
earred classic books foretelling a happy ending to standing in my own written story.
And then it was time to speak—he was offering me his eternity, our eternity.
That is all I had to do, to accept the gift I had longed for—to say I had accepted it,
as if being asked if I could breathe. Do I take? Do I accept this happy ending?
I do. I do take you. I do take you and me. I do exchange my old worries for the new. I
do take your faults. I do take the soft moments and rough episodes.
I do say yes to allowing myself to feel. Allowing myself to love and be love. Allow myself
to really feel happy. Joyful. Two years and one month and never has a thought of regret crossed
my mind.
There is love. I feel love. I give love. I'm in love.
do take your faults. I do take the soft moments and rough episodes.
I do say yes to allowing myself to feel. Allowing myself to love and be love. Allow myself
to really feel happy. Joyful. Two years and one month and never has a thought of regret crossed
my mind.
There is love. I feel love. I give love. I'm in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment