10.07.2009

Strong winds, blowin' in some trouble.

So... I walked back to work and left the car on the side of the road at lunch. I was 49 minutes late.

After lunch, I get a call from Jon to see how my day is going, then all of a sudden I hear, "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" and then, "Oh no, oh no, oh no!!" I asked him what was wrong and while he was driving to grab some lunch, he
drove down a road he had never been down and hit a huge bump in the road and completely bottomed out in the 9-3. He cracked the oil pan in a few places and the car wouldn't start again. He had to call a tow truck, he walked down the road to see if there was a sign or any warning regarding the massive bump in the road ... Needless to say there was zero postings and zero warnings but there was a sign for 40 MPH. Luckily Jon was driving below the speed limit.

Naturally, I took matters into my own hands and contact the Township to notify them of this situation and
the trouble it caused to our vehicle... stupid roads!

Anywho, so after work I will happily walk back to my car and pray that it makes it home and hopefully we find out if we have to replace and engine on our own vehicle. Where's the Blue Volvo when I need it!!

I think this comes down to us needing a newer car. *Sigh.

On a side note, it's more windy than a Texas Tina Tarnado outside!! I waltzed outside and had to dive away from flying grenades (nuts) from the hovering trees over the office. Crazy stuff, that weather!!

Jeez.

It's almost 5 pm and almost all of my cares with go away... minus the vehicle ulcers.

Another side note: It's John Mellencamp's birthday. One of the RN's asked me if I knew that since I was "from" Indiana. NO I didn't know that but... alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment