So our Christmas was pretty much awesome so far! Mom, dad, G-Money, and Omlette made it to our house by two in the morning on Christmas morning. We all had a chance to sleep in and make a mouthwatering Christmas breakfast with fiesta scrambled eggs, Blueberry stuffed french toast, bacon, and fruit. Jon and I were able to wrangle up the sleepy family and get the present opening fest started! Since Jon was Santa last year, I got to be santa and hand out the presents. We all had a pretty good year and a few tearful exchanges were made. All and all our main presents were being with the family, getting a chance to talk to Drew, and embracing our commonality of having the Gospel in our lives. We had so much fun talking to Drew and he sounded like his mission was going well so far. It was super nice to hear the true happiness and joy in his voice. Of course there were some tearful goodbyes since the next chance we'll be able to hear from him will be in May. We sure love our family missionaries and keep them in our prayers!
The day after Christmas, mom and I were able to head over to the KOP mall to do some shopping with Carrie and her daughter Ashlea. They both looked great and made our Girl's Out experience much more fun!! We headed to the Cheesecake Factory for some tasty tastiness and Cheesecake. Then we were off to search for the perfect boots! I was a little unfortunate in my search for some riding boots but after a few hours of wandering into different stores, Carrie found the perfect Timberland's at Macy's!! Unfortunately for Carrie, it looked like the entire Shoe section was meddled with a herd of four year olds, which resulted in only having one shoe of the pair. Mom and I had so much fun and were excited to have some much appreciated company on our excursion.
Sunday we spent our time resting, enjoying the warmer weather (50's), cutting hair, and playing games. I finally had the chance to fix mom's mini-mullet and buzz off dad's hair. It was fun getting a chance to bust out the newly acquired skills from school. Hopefully this Tuesday I'll get a chance to finish mom's color with some low lights and high lights!!
This Christmas has been more fulfilling than I imagined and am so glad that we had my family with us this year!

Mom and I... All ready for Christmas!The day after Christmas, mom and I were able to head over to the KOP mall to do some shopping with Carrie and her daughter Ashlea. They both looked great and made our Girl's Out experience much more fun!! We headed to the Cheesecake Factory for some tasty tastiness and Cheesecake. Then we were off to search for the perfect boots! I was a little unfortunate in my search for some riding boots but after a few hours of wandering into different stores, Carrie found the perfect Timberland's at Macy's!! Unfortunately for Carrie, it looked like the entire Shoe section was meddled with a herd of four year olds, which resulted in only having one shoe of the pair. Mom and I had so much fun and were excited to have some much appreciated company on our excursion.
Sunday we spent our time resting, enjoying the warmer weather (50's), cutting hair, and playing games. I finally had the chance to fix mom's mini-mullet and buzz off dad's hair. It was fun getting a chance to bust out the newly acquired skills from school. Hopefully this Tuesday I'll get a chance to finish mom's color with some low lights and high lights!!
This Christmas has been more fulfilling than I imagined and am so glad that we had my family with us this year!
Cutting mom's hair
Ashlea and I at KOP
G-Money and I heading out for Indian food for Christmas dinner
Garrett talking to Drew
Jon at the KOP mall on our mini date before Christmas
Mom, Garrett, and I enjoyed some late night snacking on Christmas Eve
No comments:
Post a Comment