1.02.2010

It's all downhill from here...



Jon and the much needed hot chocolate

Trying to warm right up!

Jon sneaking way with his board

Some minor bruising on my wrists from catching myself on the slope face foward!
So... on New Year's Day we decided we would go snowboarding over at Blue Mountain which is an hour and a half north of where we live.

When we got all of our rentals all situated, Jon led me to the tiny hill that was used for the ski school. I strapped myself on and Jon explained the basics to me. I remembered he mentioned to lean toward the mountain... I did just that and landed on the ground. After a few runs we decided to take the Easy Out run down the mountain. After an hour and a half, a few major falls, and some colorful language, I was able to glide down in front of Jon all the way to the lift!

Here's what I learned from my interesting experience:

Keep Your Toes Up
Lean toward the mountain
Don't hit Jon in the shins with my board
Land on a cheek and not on a tailbone
Don't lock your knees
Heel side is a sure way to not kill yourself going down a slope!
Rentals Bindings make life harder
You will almost always fall while gliding off of the lift chair
Wear Snowboarding pants that fit... or you'll be holding on to your pants the whole time!
After 3 and a half hours, it's def time for some Hot Chocolate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment