1.15.2010

Classy... Elegance... Everlasting impression

"Elegance is a question of personality, more than one's clothing."~ Jean-Paul Gaultier




Definition: of high grade or quality, beautiful, tasteful, luxurious, and very fine.

It has been written that Elegance is an attribute of being unusually effective and simple.


I can think of all of the materialistic things but the things that really stand out has a lot to do with the things I really love. I really love my mom's soft skin and impecable tast. Her sense of style that is always classic and lasting. Each time we would go shopping, she would pick out the most flattering or visually appealing. I am reminded of someone of class and intelligence whenever I think of her.

I also think of ballet and the gorgeous lines I used to create with my body. I loved the arched feet and the pink satin that I would gingerly tie around my ankles. Not to mention the soft swishing of my skirt when I flitted across the room.

 Elegance was also my grandmother. I will never feel more elegant as I did in my temple dress that she made me for my wedding day. It is so simple hanging on the hanger but everytime I wear it, there is always a comment of how pretty it truly is. Her ability to take fabric and create beautiful yet simple things is almost amazing to witness. I am constantly in awe of such a talent. I always respected her quiet disposition, cleanliness, taking pride in the possessions she owned, organization, and quiet faith. She may not be donning satin and lace everyday but elegance does come to mind.

I have come across many affluent and wealthy people, whether it be through connections or the places I have lived and there are a few that I have met that do not have a sense of elegance and class. Nothing is more heartbreaking (to my inner little girl) than seeing an extremely well dress woman scream at a child in a department store in NYC. I was torn to see such a pretty and expensively clad lady turn into a trashy and disrespectable person.


I appreciate the people that are quiet and beautiful examples in my life. I have something to strive toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment