1.13.2010

"Romance is Glamour...

...Which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

I was just thinking today of all the things/events in life that can hold all sorts of glamour... The next job
will make these problems go away, this love affair will make life more exciting and new; These things always seem to have the key to satisfaction but in the long run... you feel empty.

Truly happy people seem to want what they already have.

It's take me a while to realize this truth but it may take even longer to apply it....

I want my marriage,
I want my companion,
I want my job,
I want my creative talents,
I want my puppy,
I want my car,
I want my close family,
I want my family missionaries,
I want my cute button nose,
and etc, etc.

I feel bad that I have given into the easy habit of wanting the more glamourous option but I really am blessed for all of the things I have right now. I really couldn't ask for anything more. I am selfish already.

No comments:

Post a Comment