Check out her website: http://www.etsy.com/shop/fourangels
So, for Memorial Day we celebrated first by sleeping in! Yay!!! Of course, it was super cloudy outside and any plans of swimming went completely out the window. Since we purchased a dehumidifier, Jon and I wanted to head to the local market to snag some food to dry out (because it's fun to make snacks by drying them out). I looked up the forcast and it was supposed to rain in the late afternoon... I wanted to beat the rain and head up to the Warren Dunes for a little bit with Jon since he has never been! We threw on the suits, grab a grocery list and headed out for the Dunes and the Farmer's market. After about 11 miles, the clouds started to get super dark and lightening was lighting up half the sky. We quickly decided to turn around and just keep our errands to the market instead.
Just barely into Michigan and the clouds didn't look so good.This was about the time we turned around.
We made it to Shelton's or what Jon called, "Shillings" for a while since for the life of him he couldn't remember the name of the market. They have so much produce for extremely cheap! Waaaay cheaper than Whole Foods (don't get me wrong, I still love going there). But it's not expensive to eat healthy.
After the market, Jon had a hancoring for Del Taco and thought we could make it before the rain started. Well, the rain poured down and it was horrible. We finally made it to Del Taco and their power was out so that option was out. On our way home I told Jon that there was some definite hail coming down and he thought it was just hard rain. Well, I was right and it was def hail and we totally had to pull over for a little bit.
With all of the excitement we figured it was just a plain good idea to hang out at home. Luckily dad worked the early shift of the day and was able to make it for dinner so the whole family was together. Jon and I were in charge of the meal and we totally rocked at making turkey burgers and smart dogs with corn (totally spread some lime and pepper butter all over that). Even though it rained, we were happy to just hang out!
No comments:
Post a Comment