We've moved and moved on.
So we have finally moved to South Bend, IN!! It's taken me
We luckily had some of the Elders from church come and help us load up the truck and with Dixie Doodle laying in the middle of us in the truck, we headed our way westward towards Indiana. After driving through a monsoon in the mountains and bearing the multiple smelly rest stops in Ohio, we made it to Indiana in the early morning hours.
Loading up the truck from our PA house
It was hotter than hades the day we loaded up the truck and we took turns standing in front of the A/C window unit.
The night before our trek, we set up our bed in the living room with Dixie Doodle's bed next to us (she loves to sleep next to Jon at night)!
Of we go! We set up Dixie's bed in the middle of the bucket seats so that she could nap on our trip.
Getting onto the infamous Turnpike
It's all rolling hills and farmland past Ohio!
Thank goodness for our extra helping hands!! We were able to get all of our stuff unloaded from the truck in a day and turn around and load up my parents' extra stuff to take to the local thrift store. I could tell that I was in need of weight lifting since Jon and I were super sore for a few days straight. I just pray that we could count that as a work out for the week! Unfortunately, due to moving and a possibility of being anemic, we ate non vegetarian for a few day (paid for it) but had enough strength to do what we needed to get done before taking the truck back.
First thing's first! We beautified the unfinished basement with some IKEA flare! Nothing feels nicer than your own bed!
Family picture time! Jon, Dixie, and I just laid down together and stared at each other for a minute. Lots of love going around in our little family!
So you may be wondering about this random picture... We were headed to Warsaw, IN shortly after we moved to Indiana since the Benz was having some... Dare I say, "Loud" issues. We had the exhaust worked on prior to me driving it out to IN. After an hour or so of my driving, I noticed that the car was a bit loud. Of course, I called Jon and asked if it was normal and he said it was... Well, once we got all moved to IN and replaced the irreplaceable Benz key (long story), we took it for a drive and sure enough it was super loud and the exhaust job was poorly done. Seeing as Munro locations are limited around where we live, we had to travel all the way to Warsaw to the nearest Munro to get our exhaust fixed (for reals this time!). So, on our way back from getting the poor Benz fixed, we ran into this van which is a "ambulance." I was amused and took a picture of it.
So, at this moment we are getting all settled in and are going through the tidiest job of finding a place for "things." Unfortunately, I fear that I will constantly have to try and find places for things up until we moved into our permanent residence and beyond. It doesn't help either that I tend to get distracted whenever I find things that were considered "lost" and neglected. I like discoveries, what can I say!
Well, I believe it's a bit late and am unfortunately exhausted from a long day! We'll try and keep things posted and up to date on our little adventures.
Until then...
Here are some interesting discoveries I have made lately on the net:
http://www.beforeyouwerehot.com/
I used to have a friend back in the day that would always joke around that she went through an "Ugly Phase" and that everyone has gone through it. I have looked back at many old photos from my "snaggle tooth" days and cringed. I have serious considered posted a picture and telling a story but... I'm still slightly in denial.
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
by Aimee BenderI find it absolutely fascinated of the whole concept of this book. I have not yet read it but I'm SO looking forward to it. Basically it's about a girl who can taste people's emotions through the food they make. It would be super scary to me to know some one (mother, mother-in-law, brother, dad) completely when I would know too much about them. I am extremely interested as to how to story continues. I'll let you know how it goes.
I am really liking the idea of wearing cowboy boots in the summer with a pretty dress. I have the terrifying thought that I wouldn't be able to find anything that would fit my legs since they are...what you would consider, "shapely." I emailed my brother who is on a mission and is living in Texas if he could find me some FINE boots and I believe I can make this thing happen this summer! As I said, I like the whole idea but we'll find out if it's even obtainable.



No comments:
Post a Comment